Documents for public inspection
The Local Government Act 1989 requires the following documents be available for public inspection.
Councillors and Council staff
• Details of current allowances fixed for the Mayor and Councillors.
• Details of senior officers’ total salary packages for the current financial year and the previous year and the total value of any other benefits and allowances provided by Council.
• Details of overseas or interstate travel taken in an official capacity by Councillors or any member of Council staff in the previous 12 months.
• Names of Council officers required to submit a return of interest during the financial year and the dates the returns were submitted.
• Names of Councillors who submitted returns of interest during the financial year and the dates the returns were submitted.
• A register of authorised officers appointed by Council.
• Councillor Reimbursement Policy.
Ordinary and Special Council Meetings
• Agendas for and minutes of ordinary and special meetings held in the previous 12 months except if the minutes relate to parts of meetings which have been closed to members of the public. Council meeting agendas and minutes can be viewed on this website.
• A list of all special committees established by Council and purpose for which each committee was established.
• A list of all special committees established by Council which were abolished or ceased to function during the financial year.
• Minutes of meetings of special committees and held in the previous 12 months except if the minutes relate to parts of meetings which have been closed to member of the public.
• A register of delegations.
Leases and contracts
• Details of all property, finance and operating leases involving land, buildings, plant, computer equipment or vehicles entered into by the Council as lessor or lessee.
• A list of contracts valued at $100,000:
(i) which the Council entered into during the financial year without first engaging in a competitive process; and
(ii) which are not contracts referred to in section 186(5) of the Act.
Donations, grants and memberships
• A list of donations and grants made by the Council during the financial year.
• A list of the names of the organisations of which the Council was a member during the financial year and details of all membership fees and other amounts and services provided during that year to each organisation by the Council.
Submissions and agreements
• Submissions received during the previous 12 months.
• Agreements to establish regional libraries.
Documents are available for inspection by appointment only at the Civic Centre, Civic Drive, Greensborough. Documents may be viewed but not removed or copied. They cannot be emailed or faxed out. Please contact the Governance Unit on 9433 3269 to arrange an inspection.