Waterwatch is a free river health education and monitoring program which aims to increase community understanding, participation and ownership of local river health issues. It involves schools and the community in the assessment and monitoring of water quality in our streams and wetlands. Our Waterwatch team provides talks on freshwater ecology to schools and groups, provides free training and events and co-ordinates the volunteer monitoring program.
Want to help your rivers and creeks? Become a Waterwatch member
Joining Healthy Waterways Waterwatch Melbourne is free and by becoming a member you join a network of people committed to improving and protecting the health of our waterways. Membership entitles you to:·
- Information on Waterwatch activities in your local area
- Regular updates and newsletters from your local Healthy Waterways Waterwatch Melbourne Coordinator
- Invitations to attend Healthy Waterways Waterwatch Melbourne events
- Information on the health of your local waterways
- Meet others who are interested in protecting and improving the health of our waterways
- Become a Healthy Waterways Waterwatch Melbourne monitor, regularly water testing a local waterway. All training and equipment is provided.
For more information contact Tiana Preston, Waterwatch Coordinator, Melbourne Water on 0457 522 350 or Tiana.Preston@melbournewater.com.au .