Home Harvest FEASTival
The Home Harvest FEASTival is all about celebrating local food and the summer harvest with us. People are invited to register as growers where their supplied produce is turned into a delicious, shared vegetarian meal.
We are so pleased with the wonderful produce and attendance at the picnic which was held on 4 March at Edendale.
Surveys were sent out to growers and we've received some wonderful feedback and we are glad that people enjoyed the picnic concept this year as much as we did.
We were very fortunate with the weather and Edendale provided the ideal venue for picnickers to enjoy the delicious menu provided by our chef Matt Davis with the help of teachers and hospitality students of Eltham High School. The wonderful picnic could not have been made without the delicious produce provided by the Home Harvest FEASTival growers.
Others in the community were invited to come along and mingle with the growers and bring along their own picnic. Everyone enjoyed the wonderful performances of 'Lilly in the Middle' and 'Spaghetti Western' in the surrounds of beautiful Edendale.
How to get involved in 2019
- This coming spring, there will be an opportunity to register as a grower to supply produce to be turned into a shared vegetarian meal.
- Spend the summer growing the produce and in the week leading up to the FEASTival donate some in return for your place at the picnic.
- Attend the FEASTival and enjoy a delicious vegetarian meal and great day!
Home Harvest FEASTival partners and supporters
The Home Harvest FEASTival is brought to you by Nillumbik Shire Council, Banyule City Council, Local Food Connect, Edendale, Bulleen Art & Garden, Eltham High School, and Health Ability.
The Home Harvest Feast picnic would not be possible without the generosity and support of:
- Matt Davis, chef
- Students and Hospitality teachers at Eltham High School
- Under the Pickle Tree
- Panton Hill Estate Olives
- Going Green Solutions
- Light and Sound Solutions
- Organic Fix
- Hurstbridge Farmgate
- A Local Baker, St Andrews
- Monty Fresh
A special thanks to our wonderful volunteers.
Some great resources to help you grow your own veggies