Fringe Focus is a quarterly newsletter which aims to keep the local community up-to-date with environmental issues and events in the Shire of Nillumbik.
Spring Edition 2013
In this edition you will find articles on:
- Practically Green Festival as well as information on the Launch and Sustainability Awards Dinner
- National Tree Day - thank you to participants
- A Nillumbik Conservation Corridors update - A delicate operation to conserve two threathened orchids
- Australian Plants Expo
- Learning more about local native plants
- A threatened species the Dianella amoena - Matted Flax-lily
- Growing your own veggies
- Veggie Seedlings at Edendale
- Food Production Workshops at Edendale
- An update on the Eltham Copper Butterfly
- Urban Fringe Weed Management Initiative update
- Prioritising weed managment on your property
- New publications - Live Local Plant Local, Nillumbik's Native Fauna and Common Weeds of Nillumbik
- Reusing Stormwater in Hurstbridge
- The high habitat significance of Bulwidg Reserve
- One of our newest Friends Group - Friends of Bell Street Reserve
- How to be a Zero Waste Hero
To view the Spring 2013 (2.92MB) edition.
If you have an article or event you wish to be included in the next edition or if you would like to offer suggestions on how we can improve Fringe Focus, we would love to hear from you, please contact Marion Watts, Administration Support Officer in Environmental Services on 9433 3205 or Marion.Watts@nillumbik.vic.gov.au
Or if you would like to receive a printed copy of Fringe Focus, please contact Environmental Services Administration on 9433 3316.