Infringement notices are issued in accordance with State Legislation.

You can pay an infringement on the fines page


You can apply to Council to have the decision to issue the notice reviewed. Only one appeal may be considered: 

  1. Download the application for review from related documents
  2. The completed application must be received by Council before the due date on the infringement notice
  3. Do not send the original infringement notice with the appeal application
  4. Send to Nillumbik Shire Council, PO Box 476, Greensborough, Vic 3088

Payment plans

To apply for a payment plan to extend the due date apply in writing to Nillumbik Shire Council, Community Safety Department, PO Box 476, Greensborough Vic 3088, before the notice is registered with the Magistrates Court. 

Overdue fines

The following will happen:

Step 1 – Penalty Reminder Notice
If you do not respond or pay your fine before the specified due date, you will be sent a Penalty Reminder Notice. Additional costs will be incurred at this time.

Step 2 – Infringements Court
If you do not respond to step 1, Council will lodge the matter with the Infringements Court. You will receive an Enforcement Order with further incurred additional costs.

Step 3 – Sheriff’s Warrant
If you do not respond to the Enforcement Order, a warrant will be issued with further costs. If you still do not comply, another cost to execute the warrant will be added. A warrant gives the Sheriff power to demand payment of the fine and all costs, or to take your possessions as security. If you do not pay within seven (7) days, your possessions can be sold or you could be imprisoned.

You may elect to have the matter heard in an open court hearing at the Magistrates Court. Such a request must be received in writing.

The information contained on this page is intended as a general guide only. It is not intended to be, and should not be relied on as a substitute for professional legal advice.