2018 Australia Day Awards
Published on 19 December 2017
Each year Council holds the Nillumbik Australia Day Awards to recognise and honour the high achievements of ordinary individuals and community groups, who do extraordinary things within the Shire.
Members of the community are encouraged to nominate people or community groups that make them proud to be Australian.
Nominations for Council's 2018 Australia Day Awards have now closed.
There are five Award categories:
- Nillumbik Young Citizen of the Year - aged between 16 - 30 years
- Nillumbik Citizen of the Year
- Nillumbik Senior Citizen of the Year - aged over 60
- Nillumbik Community Group of the Year
- Nillumbik Volunteer of the Year.
Join us for the Awards and Citizenship Ceremony
Join us on Friday 26 January at the Eltham Community and Reception Centre for Nillumbik's Australia Day Awards and Citizenship Ceremony. The festivities will begin at 10am with a Flag Raising ceremony, followed by the official program and will conclude at about 11.30am with a barbecue brunch.
For information, see event details.