Positive Ageing Strategy
Council's first Positive Ageing Strategy was adopted in 2013 and sets our Council's priorities for working with our older adult population over the five years from 2013-2018. It provides strategic guidance for tangible results incorporating the 5 inter-connected objectives of health and wellbeing, housing and accommodation, information, social connectedness, and transportation. Our goal is to have an older adult population (aged 55 and over) that is informed, connected, and supported to live well and age even better
Our vision is that Nillumbik's older adult population will age with passion, purpose, and possibility
Below is a link to the Positive Ageing Strategy, or to request a printed copy contact Council on 9433 3111 or at email@example.com and explore what we are and will be doing through to 2018.
Positive Ageing Advisory Committee
The Positive Ageing Advisory Committee was established back in August 2012 as a Reference Group to support in the development and delivery of Council's 2013-2018 Positive Ageing Strategy and corresponding Action Plan.
In 2018, expression of interest went out calling for new community representatives to join the reinvigorated Positive Ageing Advisory Committee. 20 enthusiastic and passionate community members were recruited through this process, representing a wide variety of ages, townships, backgrounds and interests from across the Nillumbik community.
The purpose of the Positive Ageing Advisory Committee is to provide a mechanism for Council to consult with community representatives in seeking advice and guidance around issues related to positive ageing in Nillumbik.
Objectives of the Committee will be to:
- Act as a peak reference group and advocate on barriers and/or issues affecting older people to age well in Nillumbik
- Represent the voice and interests of Nillumbik residents aged 55 and over
- Respond to and provide input and feedback on proposed strategies, policies or action plans developed by Council
- Provide a forum to discuss, facilitate and support local initiatives (where possible) that aim to promote healthy and active ageing across Nillumbik
- Provide a mechanism for Council to communicate, consult and engage more effectively with the wider Nillumbik community
- Act as Ambassadors for Positive Ageing by actively promoting news, events, activities and issues relating to older people in Nillumbik
Download a copy of the Terms of Reference below.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Council's Positive Ageing Officer on 9433 3345.