Economic Development Strategy
Council, through its Council Plan 2013-2017 is committed to sustainable economic development in the Shire as one of its five key goals ‘Our Economy’. The Strategy is designed to enhance the well-being of our community by encouraging the development of a vibrant and sustainable local economy that is based on our key advantages, including our magnificent environment and the high level of skills and abilities of our residents and business people.
The Strategy is organised into five inter-linked themes:
- Activity centres: revitalise our commercial heart
- Business development: focus on success and growing the base
- Tourism: nature, culture, food and wine
- Arts: celebrate our creative heritage
- Rural/Green Wedge economy: make the most of our green wedge environment.
For further information contact Economic Planning on 9433 3315 or email