Resources for tourism businesses
To promote Nillumbik as a place to visit, Nillumbik Shire Council partners with Yarra Ranges Tourism.
Our tourism priorities in 2020/21 include:
- visitor services and information delivery inside and outside the region, including digital and print
- integration and extension of the artisan hills brand messages in the wider Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges marketing program
- development of specific trails promoting local visitor experiences and associated businesses
- dedicated marketing campaigns and access to other opportunities offered by Visit Victoria
- events and activities which promote our Shire as a place to visit
- support of the development of market research activities and inclusion in any regional research
- access to industry networking and development programs.
Get involved in Yarra Ranges Tourism marketing programs
Our partnership with Yarra Ranges Tourism also provides opportunities for specific Nillumbik businesses to be featured in the Yarra Ranges Tourism marketing programs including the Yarra Valley Touring Map(PDF, 37MB)
For more information on partnership opportunities, visit the Yarra Ranges Tourism website.
List your business with the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse
The Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) is Australia’s national platform for digital tourism information. ATDW:
- is jointly owned and managed by all Australian state/territory government tourism bodies
- contains more than 40,000 listings
- is electronically accessible by tourism businesses, wholesalers, retailers and distributors for use in their websites and booking systems.
You can list your business for free on the ATDW and it will be included in:
You can also create a product listing for a small annual fee.
The ATDW website includes information about how to create an ATDW listing.
Destination Management Plan
The plan provides a review of Nillumbik’s visitor markets, tourism product and experience profile and tourism governance structure.
Read the Destination Management Plan(PDF, 2MB)
Accessible tourism is the ongoing endeavour to ensure tourist destinations, products and services are accessible to all people, regardless of their physical limitations, disabilities or age.
As well as a social responsibility, there is a compelling business case for making Victoria’s tourism industry more accessible.
Accessible tourism benefits everyone. More people enjoy the opportunity to travel, and the tourism industry gets more visitors, longer seasons and new incomes. Society as a whole benefits from new job opportunities, more tax revenue and an accessible environment for local communities and visitors.
- Australia's population is ageing and there is a growing market for travellers with accessibility needs.
- Almost one in five people has a disability of which nearly 90 percent take a holiday each year.
- People with a disability account for some 8.2 million overnight trips and spend $8 billion or 11 percent of Australia’s overall tourism expenditure (Victorian Employer’s Chamber of Commerce).
- When you consider parents travelling with children in prams, and larger groups that include people with a disability, the potential benefits of accessible tourism to your business are even greater.
More information can be found on the Business Victoria website.
Tag us @visitnillumbik
Did you know that we have our very own consumer facing Instagram and Facebook pages to promote all of the wonderful attractions, events, nature and hospitality venues in our Shire?
Don't forget to tag @visitnillumbik so that we can share your posts.
Add our key hashtags #visitnillumbik, #nillumbik and #shopinourshire for greater exposure.
For more information, contact the Economic Development and Tourism team on 03 9433 3111 or email email@example.com.
To find out more about resources and support for tourism businesses in Nillumbik, contact:
Phone: 03 9433 3111