Ask a question at a Council meeting
To ask a question of Council at a Council Meeting, complete the online form below and submit it by 5.00pm on the day prior to the advertised date of the Council Meeting (deadline).
Questions received after the deadline may be referred to the following month's Council Meeting.
To ensure your question meets the criteria to be read at the meeting, please note the following:
A question will only be read to the meeting if the Chairperson and/or Chief Executive Officer has determined that the question:
- is a question and not a statement or opinion;
- is not indecent, abusive or objectionable in language or obscene;
- is not repeating a question already answered whether at the same or an earlier meeting;
- is not, in the opinion of the Chairperson, asked to embarrass a Councillor or an officer; and
- does not relate to a matter which the Council has discussed in camera or proposes to discuss after closing the meeting to members of the public in accordance with section 66(2) of the Local Government Act 2020.
How questions from the public are dealt with during a meeting(DOCX, 464KB)
Ask a question at a Council meeting - click here
Please note: Your question will be acknowledged by the Governance Team, who may seek further details or clarification if required. Once your question has been accepted by the CEO or Chairperson to be read at the Council Meeting, a confirmation email will be sent (may default to your spam or junk folder). If this does not occur, please contact the Governance Team on 9433 3271 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Collection Statement
The personal information requested on this form is being collected by Council if you wish to ask a question at an Ordinary Council Meeting. This information is being collected in accordance with Council's Governance Rule - Meeting Procedure, and will be used solely by Council for the purpose of registering your question. If your question is answered at the meeting, your name will be read aloud and captured in the audio recording which is made available to the public on Council's website, and will be noted in the minutes of the Council meeting. If you do not provide the information or provide it only in part, your question may not be accepted or answered. You may access the personal information that Council holds about you by contacting the Privacy Officer on 9433 3271 or by email email@example.com
More about Council meetings