Great news as Council facilities reopen and services resume
Published on 17 February 2021
Following the Victorian Government’s announcement today that Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions will end tonight, we are pleased to announce the reopening of Nillumbik Shire Council facilities and services from tomorrow, Thursday 18 February.
• Shire offices in Civic Drive, Greensborough. Our customer service desk will be open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Our call centre on 9433 3111 operates 8.30am-5pm.
• The Recycling and Recovery Centre and Reuse Shop revert to their normal operating hours of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 8am-4pm.
• Libraries – all branches and the Mobile Library will reopen from 9am. Please check with branches to see if planned events will still proceed.
• Hurstbridge Community Hub will be open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. • Edendale Community Environment Farm reopens at 9.30am. It is open 9.30am-4.30pm every day (except Christmas and extreme/code red fire danger days). No bookings required. Masks must be carried and used if social distancing is not possible.
• Leisure Centres – the Eltham Leisure Centre, Diamond Creek Community Centre, Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool and Community Bank Stadium reopen tomorrow with the Eltham Leisure Centre resuming its 24-hour operations from midnight tonight. Please refer to their websites for opening hours. The Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre remains closed during redevelopment works.
• Yarrambat Park Golf Course reopens from 6am and mini golf from 7am. Book online. Masks must be worn indoors and used outdoors if social distancing not possible.
• Eltham Community and Reception Centre, halls for hire and other council building leased to community groups - reopening with limits on numbers in line with government guidelines.
• Maternal and Child Health services return to normal.
• All indoor and outdoor physical recreation and community sport can resume.
A reminder that masks must be worn indoors and outside if you can’t physically distance from others.
Public gatherings with family and friends are limited to 20 people.
Our priority continues to be the health and safety of our community. You can find further information about the current Department of Health guidelines here.