Impact of Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions on Council
Published on 12 February 2021
The Victorian Government’s announcement today of the return of Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions for the state (from midnight tonight through to midnight Wednesday 17 February) has implications for Council services and facilities.
Essential services will continue, but the following Council facilities will close to the public for the duration of the lockdown period unless otherwise specified:
• Shire Offices in Civic Drive Greensborough. However our call centre will continue to operate during its usual business hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm.
• The Recycling and Recovery Centre will be closed on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 February but will reopen on Monday 15 February for essential workers. The Reuse Shop will be closed for the entire lockdown.
• Hurstbridge Hub, except for essential services.
• Edendale Community Environment Farm, but essential workers will continue to care for our animals.
• Library branches including the mobile library and return chutes. Members can continue to borrow from the eLibrary collection and place holds. More information here.
• Leisure Centres
- Eltham Leisure Centre
- Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool
- Community Bank Stadium
- Diamond Creek Community Centre
- Hurstbridge Basketball Centre
- The Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre is already closed for redevelopment.
• Yarrambat Golf Course and mini-golf course.
• Eltham Community Reception Centre.
• Council halls and venues for hire.
• Council buildings leased to community groups.
• Eltham and Panton Hill Playhouses, except for children of essential workers.
In addition, outdoor physical recreation and community sport will shut down for the lockdown period.
Waste collection services including kerbside landfill, recycling and green waste collections will continue as normal as well as booked hard waste collections.
Our Maternal and Child Health Services will operate as usual with the exception of first-time parent groups who will have a telehealth option.
Immunisations will continue with COVID-safe practices in place.
Services for older and vulnerable residents continue to operate. Community transport will operate for medical and health-related appointment only.
Playgrounds and skateparks remain open.
Residents and businesses can conduct many items of Council business at our website nillumbik.vic.gov.au including payments for pet registration, rates, parking fines and other infringements.
The health and safety of our community and our staff is our number one priority. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation changes through our website and social media pages.
Further details of our closures can be found here.