Impact of latest COVID-19 restrictions on Council services
Published on 27 May 2021
The Victorian Government’s announcement today of circuit-breaker COVID-19 restrictions from midnight tonight through to midnight on 3 June, will impact Council services and facilities.
Essential services will continue to operate, but most Council facilities will be closed to the public for the duration of the current lockdown period.
From 5pm this evening the Shire offices in Greensborough will be closed. However our call centre will continue to operate during its usual business hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm.
The Recycling and Recovery Centre will be open for essential workers, while the Reuse Shop will be closed.
Maternal and Child Health Services, Early Childhood services and playhouses will continue to operate.
Here is an overview of how Council services will be affected:
- As of 5pm today the Shire offices will be closed to the public. From tomorrow, Council’s Customer Service call centre will operate remotely.
- Community facilities, including Edendale Farm, leisure centres, sports grounds and pavilions as well as other sporting facilities, will be closed to the public.
- Council halls and venues for hire, as well as buildings leased to community groups will be closed.
- Services, including kerbside waste collection and hard waste collection will continue to operate.
- Recycling and Recovery Centre will remain open to permitted staff while the Reuse Shop will be closed.
- Construction and essential maintenance will continue.
- All Council volunteer services and programs have been suspended - unless they can proceed virtually.
- Maternal and Child Health services, Early Years services and playhouses will continue to operate.
- Libraries will be closed but Eltham Library will operate a click and collect service.
For more information about the restrictions’ impact on individual Council facilities and services, click here.
The health and safety of our community and staff is our main priority. We will continue to provide updates as the situation continues to evolve.
If you or anyone you know is needing support during the current seven-day lockdown, please call the Nillumbik Community Connector on 9433 3144 or email@example.com
Please note this is not an emergency or crisis hotline.