Nillumbik's 2019-2020 Annual Report
Published on 16 September 2020
Nillumbik Council has released its Annual Report 2019-2020, charting its achievements and activities over the past financial year.
The document, which was presented at last night’s Ordinary Council Meeting, also reports Council’s progress against the directions set out in the Council Plan 2017-2021.
Mayor Karen Egan said the report was a great summary of the many achievements of Council.
“I am proud of the work that Councillors and Council staff have been able to accomplish. So much has been achieved for our community in what has been a challenging year for many reasons,” Cr Egan said.
“While it is a statutory document, the Annual Report is also a fantastic overview of current and future activities taking place across every township, industry and community in the shire, and I encourage all Nillumbik residents to view the report via Council’s website.”
Some of the highlights from this year’s report include:
- Council’s customer service ranked second out of 44 councils, and 10th overall out of a total of 185 organisations in the Mystery Shopping Program conducted by Customer Service Benchmarking Australia
- The provision of more than $560,000 in grants to support local community projects and activities
- Delivery of key projects and works under the Capital Works Program; including the Marngrook Oval Pavilion in Diamond Creek, Research Park Pavilion in Research, Eltham North Reserve Pavilion and Eltham Lower Park change rooms
- Appointment of Aligned Leisure as the new management contractor of Council’s five major sporting facilities
- Appointment of JJ’s Waste and Recycling as Council’s new waste management provider
- Adoption of the Economic Development Strategy 2020-2030 and Equine in Nillumbik Plan
- Ongoing implementation of the Arts and Cultural Plan 2018-2022 resulting in 83,192 individuals participating in arts and cultural activities and support of more than 700 artists;
- Development and adoption of the Shire Plan 2040 – Towards a Community Vision for Nillumbik Background Paper, to support a community visioning process to be undertaken in 2021
- Responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, including a zero per cent rates increase in 2020-2021 in recognition of the hardship faced by many, and holding livestreamed virtual Council meetings.
The Annual Report is available on Council’s website at nillumbik.vic.gov.au/annual-report
If you require further information, please contact our Customer Service team on 9433 3111.