Documents for public inspection
The Local Government Act 1989 and associated regulations requires the following documents be available for public inspection:
- a document containing details of overseas or interstate travel (other than interstate travel by land for less than 3 days) undertaken in an official capacity by any Councillor or member of Council staff in the previous 12 months.
- the agendas for, and minutes of, ordinary and special meetings held in the previous 12 months which are kept under section 93 of the Act, other than those agendas and minutes relating to a part of a meeting which was closed to members of the public under section 89 of the Act and are confidential information within the meaning of section 77(2) of the Act.
- the minutes of meetings of special committees established under section 86 of the Act and held in the previous 12 months, other than those minutes relating to a part of a meeting which was closed to members of the public under section 89 of the Act and are confidential information within the meaning of section 77(2) of the Act.
- a register of delegations kept under sections 87(1) and 98(4) of the Act, including the date on which the last review took place under sections 86(6) and 98(6), respectively, of the Act.
- a document containing details of all leases involving land which were entered into by the Council as lessor, including the lessee and the terms and the value of the lease.
- a register maintained under section 224(1A) of the Act of authorised officers appointed under that section.
- a list of donations and grants made by the Council in the previous 12 months, including the names of persons who, or bodies which, have received a donation or grant and the amount of each donation or grant.
Documents are available for inspection by appointment only at the Civic Centre, Civic Drive, Greensborough. Documents may be viewed but not removed or copied. They cannot be emailed or faxed out. Please contact the Governance Unit on 9433 3312 to arrange an inspection.