Speak at a Planning and Consultation Committee meeting
Any person wishing the address the Planning and Consultation Committee must have lodged their written request no later than 5pm the day prior to the meeting.
For general agenda items, where Council has not engaged in a consultation process, requests must be received by 5pm the day prior to the meeting.
Requests can be made by:
- Completing one of the two online options below; or
- Contacting the Governance team on 9433 3718 or 9433 3271 or by email to: email@example.com
A person may speak on behalf of another person or organisation for three minutes. Please note any person nominated to speak on your behalf will be unable to answer questions from Councillors on your behalf. No person may speak on behalf of more than one other person or organisation.
Each registered speaker will be given three minutes to speak to an agenda item.
Please note, you will be recorded as part of the meeting proceedings when addressing the Planning and Consultation Committee, and your name will be printed in the minutes. The video recording of the meeting will be published on YouTube and Council's website.
Register to speak
A person can choose to present their submission by:
- Option 1: Attaching or sending a typed three-minute submission. The Chairperson will read your submission on your behalf before the item is considered. Submissions must be lodged before 5pm Monday prior to the meeting
- Option 2: Address the Committee in person. Any person attending the meeting will be required to adhere to Council's COVID-19 Stay Safe requirements in place on the day of the meeting.*
* Planning and Consultation Committee meetings are currently being held virtually. Any person wishing to address the Committee in person will be provided with a Zoom link on the day of the meeting. You will be required to have an email address to receive the meeting link and internet access to join the virtual meeting. Any questions can be directed to the Governance team 9433 3718 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please register by completing an online form for your applicable option below, or by telephoning the Governance Team on 9433 3718.
Option 1: send a typed submission to be read aloud on your behalf
Option 2: address the Committee in person
Please note: Once your request is submitted, the Governance Team will send an email early Tuesday afternoon with details on how to watch the meeting live - for Option 1 and a Zoom Meeting link - for Option 2. If you have not received an email by 4pm Tuesday afternoon, please contact the Governance team on 9433 3718 or 9433 3271 or by email email@example.com.
More about Council meetings