COVID-19 restrictions impact Council facilities and services
Published on 15 July 2021
The Victorian Government’s announcement today of a ‘snap’ five-day COVID-19 lockdown from midnight tonight through to midnight on Tuesday 20 July, will again impact Council services and facilities.
Essential services will continue to operate, but many Council facilities will be closed to the public for the duration of the lockdown period.
The Shire Offices in Greensborough closed this morning as a precautionary measure and will remain closed for the lockdown period.
Our call centre team is still available to take residents’ calls as usual during the normal business hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm. Many items of Council business can be conducted on our website.
The Recycling Centre in Plenty will be open for essential workers, while the Reuse Shop will be closed.
Maternal and Child Health Services, Early Childhood services and playhouses will continue to operate.
Here is an overview of how Council services will be affected:
- The Shire offices are closed to the public. Council’s Customer Service call centre will operate remotely.
- Community facilities, including Edendale Farm, leisure centres, sports grounds and pavilions as well as other sporting facilities, will be closed to the public.
- Council halls and venues for hire, as well as buildings leased to community groups will be closed.
- Services, including kerbside waste collection and hard waste collection, will continue to operate.
- The Recycling Centre will remain open to permitted staff while the Reuse Shop will be closed.
- All Council volunteer services and programs have been suspended - unless they can proceed virtually.
- Maternal and Child Health services will continue to operate.
- Libraries will be closed but return chutes remain open. The Eltham Library will run a click and collect service by appointment only, and the Hurstbridge Hub will open at 11am, Friday 16 July for a click and collect service. The Diamond Valley Library click and collect service, Mobile Library and Outreach Vehicle are not operating.
- The Hurstbridge Hub is closed except for library click and collect and childcare services.
For more information about the restrictions’ impact on individual Council facilities and services, click here.
The health and safety of our community and staff is our main priority. We will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves.