Expressions of Interest now open
Nillumbik Shire Council is seeking expressions of interest from community representatives to serve on this new Advisory Committee. There are 8 positions for community representatives to be appointed for a two year term.
The objective of the Panton Hill Bushland Reserve System (PHBRS) User Group Committee is to:
Encourage an understanding, appreciation, enjoyment and care within the community, of the significant natural features, biodiversity, social, educational, recreational, and historical values of the Panton Hill Bushland Reserves.
The selection criteria for members of the Panton Hill Bushland Reserve User Group Advisory Committee are as follows:
- Have an interest, skills, experience and/or knowledge in one or more of the following areas which could be applied to benefit the Panton Hill bushland reserves, the users of the reserves and the community:
- Environment and biodiversity
- Bush management
- Community development
- Recreation and leisure planning
- Trails management
- Aboriginal heritage
- Local history
- The arts
- Community engagement
- Other as relevant - please specify.
- Have links with the local community and/or users of the Panton Hill bush reserves.*
- Have relevant experience in committees and / or demonstrated ability to participate in and constructively contribute to a group or organisation.
- Ability to regularly attend and participate in meetings as scheduled
- A mix of skills, attributes, experience and community/reserve user connections to complement other members of the committee.
- Past attendance and contribution of committee members seeking re-nomination
Applications close Sunday 25 August 2019, 5pm.
Read the Panton Hill Bushland Reserve System User Group Committee Terms of Reference(DOC, 133KB)
Click here to complete the nomination form