ArtsACTION is a FREE upskilling and professional development program for creatives. Nillumbik Shire Council has partnered with non-profit arts enterprise Pop Up Art to support creatives to get into action, work collaboratively, and refine innovative methods for success.
It will assist with activating career pathways, broadening networks and building market reach.
The program will be delivered across six communities:
- Brimbank City Council
- Cardinia Shire Council
- Hume City Council
- Melton City Council
- Nillumbik Shire Council
- Yarra Ranges Council
What's involved in the program?
ArtsACTION offers a six-part email resource pack, Zoom workshops and access to a growing network. It is delivered entirely online from January to June 2023.
If you are an emerging or professional artist, an arts worker, involved in community arts or work in any creative industry field, ArtsACTION is for you.
This program aims to help grow your career, build your business, step up your organisation, or connect with other creatives across Victoria and beyond.
Delivered via online learning resources, and in zoom sessions over six consecutive weeks, topics covered include:
Being Market Ready – Preparing credentials, improving portfolios, devising messaging, creating clear action plans, becoming market ready & better equipped for new opportunities.
Working Together Effectively – Exploring methods & practices for working in teams: effective collaboration, supporting operation of project groups and teams, development of current & future opportunities.
Digital Communities – Identifying appropriate online platforms for building your brand, your project, and your digital communities. Including set up of e-commerce tools, brand building engagement methods, & refining strategies for building reach & growing success.
Online artist development workshops
Workshops are delivered online via Zoom each week for six weeks.
Note: There is extremely high demand for the online workshops.
We encourage you to add your expression of interest via the ‘Waiting List’ option on the ticketing page for your preferred course. We will be in touch to advise if you have a place in the program three weeks prior to commencing. Please also ensure you sign up for the free online resources which don’t require workshop attendance.
There are two series you can choose from:
- Zoom Series #1: Thursdays 10.30am-12pm from 23 March-18 May
- Zoom Series #2: Tuesdays 5.30pm-7pm from 16 May-20 June
Places are limited, so make sure you register your expression of interest to be considered for a place in the workshops!
Nillumbik networking opportunity
All Nillumbik-based creatives enrolled in the workshop program will have the option to attend online training sessions in a group setting at a local venue. This will provide the chance for you to meet and learn with other creatives in our community, and maybe kick off some new collaborations! Group meetings will also include information sessions with arts officers from the Nillumbik Shire Council Arts and Cultural Development team. We’ll provide full details once your enrolment is confirmed.
Series #1 Workshop dates/times and topics
- Zoom Session 1: Thursday 23 March, 10:30am-12pm, Being Market Ready - Part A
- Zoom Session 2: Thursday 30 March, 10:30am-12pm, Being Market Ready - Part B
- Zoom Session 3: Thursday 27 April, 10:30am-12pm, Working Together Effectively - Part A
- Zoom Session 4: Thursday 4 May, 10:30am-12pm, Working Together Effectively - Part B
- Zoom Session 5: Thursday 11 May, 10:30am-12pm, Digital Communities - Part A
- Zoom Session 6: Thursday 18 May, 10:30am-12pm, Digital Communities - Part B
Series #2 Workshop dates/times and topics
- Zoom Session 1: Tuesday 16 May, 5.30pm-7pm, Being Market Ready - Part A
- Zoom Session 2: Tuesday 23 May, 5.30pm-7pm, Being Market Ready - Part B
- Zoom Session 3: Tuesday 30 May, 5.30pm-7pm, Working Together Effectively - Part A
- Zoom Session 4: Tuesday 6 June, 5.30pm-7pm, Working Together Effectively - Part B
- Zoom Session 5: Tuesday 13 June, 5.30pm-7pm, Digital Communities - Part A
- Zoom Session 6: Tuesday 20 June, 5.30pm-7pm, Digital Communities - Part B
Visit ArtsACTION for more information.
To join the mailing list and receive online resources, complete the subscription form.
Submit an expressions of interest for the Artist Development Workshops.