Pets and registration
As per Councils Amenity Local Law, without a permit a person must not keep any livestock on any land in a residential zone or any land of an area less than 4000 square metres.
Without a permit a person must not keep more than:
- Two dogs (three months old or older);
- Two cats (three months old or older);
- Five reptiles or rodents;
- 10 large birds (which means any pigeon, cockatoo or other bird of similar or larger size, but does not include poultry;
- 25 small birds (which includes any budgerigar, canary, finch or other bird of similar or smaller size);
- A rooster; or
- 24 poultry
On any land.