Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee
The Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee provides a formal mechanism for Council to consult with key stakeholders, seek speacialist advice and enable community participation in the development, implementation and evaluation of Arts and Culture.
- The objectives of the Committee are:
- To assist and advise Council regarding key issues relating to arts and culture.
- Provide a forum for dissemination and consideration of information to the local community.
- To keep Council informed of the artistic and cultural needs of the community.
- Collaborate on strategies to maximize participation in the cultural life of the community and opportunities to enjoy the arts.
- Advise on the ongoing implementation and evaluation of the Arts and Cultural Plan 2018-2022(PDF, 28MB).
- Advise on the acquisition and de-accessioning of artworks in accordance with the Nillumbik Shire Art Collection Policy 2019-2022(PDF, 2MB) .
- Act as the Project Reference Group for Arts and Cultural Development projects and policy reviews.
- Act as the nominated independent assessment panel for Arts and Cultural Development open applications.
For more information contact email@example.com or 9433 3175
Nominations for the 2020-2022 Committee
Nominations for the Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee open on Monday 3 February and close midnight Sunday 1 March 2020.
If you are motivated for an opportunity to positively contribute to the arts and culture landscape in Nillumbik Shire we would love to hear from you. As a member of the Committee you will be asked to provide insights into Council run arts and cultural activities, represent and advocate for the arts and cultural needs of the community and a commitment to work with Council to achieve its stated goals for arts and culture across the region.
For more information or to nominate yourself please click here.