Economic Development Advisory Committee
We’re looking for two energetic, local business leaders to become part of our Economic Development Advisory Committee who are:
- familiar with Nillumbik and have an ongoing interest in its local economy
- experienced in serving on similar bodies
- connected with local businesses and/or community groups
- able to bring their professionalism to the role.
Complete the form below to express your interest in joining this committee.
The Economic Development Advisory Committee is expected to meet on a quarterly basis and the voluntary commitment would be for two years. The Committee will be made up of the following membership:
- Chair, Cr Karen Egan (Economic Development and Marketing Committee Chair)
- Two additional Councillor representatives appointed by Council with one of these Councillors to act as alternate chairperson
- A representative, and/ or alternate, nominated by each of the following key business and specialist reference groups:
- Eltham Chamber of Commerce and Industry (1)
- Diamond Creek Traders Association (1)
- Hurstbridge Traders Association (1)
- Nillumbik Tourism Association (3)
- Seven (7) general business and industry representatives, appointed by Council following a public call for nominations.
Representatives and alternates from the key business groups outlined above will be nominated by the business/ reference group and appointed by Council.
In order to fulfil the Committee’s objectives, members are expected to:
- Undertake induction as a volunteer of Nillumbik Shire Council.
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in Committee meetings
- Through a collaborative approach, contribute towards the Council Economic Plan development and its implementation
- Consult with and report to constituent groups
- Be an advocate for the economic plan initiatives.
- Declare conflicts of interest prior to the consideration of an agenda item.
- Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to providing a safe workplace for employees, councillors and volunteers. Members of Council Advisory Committees must:
- Adhere to the Equal Opportunity Act 1995, and refrain from discriminating, harassing or bullying other people and using offensive language in their capacity as a member of the Committee.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 and have regard to the principles of health and safety. Committee members must ensure that they contribute to the notion of a healthy and safe workplace.
The council officer with responsibility for convening the Committee will provide an overview of the relevant legislative requirements and Council’s Equal Opportunity and Anti-Bullying and Violence Policy as part of the Committee induction process.
If you're interested in joining this Committee, complete the form below.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 4 August 2019.
For more information, call the Economic Development Coordinator on 03 9433 3111
Click here to view form.