Council has recently re-engaged with one of Victoria’s official regional tourism boards, Yarra Ranges Tourism. Under the Victorian Tourism structure, Nillumbik is within the Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges region.
Our tourism team and Yarra Ranges Tourism work collaboratively to ensure the growth of our visitor economy.
The areas identified as tourism priorities in 2018/19 for Nillumbik include:
- Visitor services and information delivery inside and outside the region, including digital and print
- Integration and extension of the artisan hills brand messages in the wider Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges marketing program
- Development of specific trails promoting local visitor experiences and associated businesses
- Dedicated marketing campaigns and access to other opportunities offered by Visit Victoria
- Events and activities which promote our Shire as a place to visit
- Support the development of market research activities and inclusion in any regional research
- Access to industry networking and development programs
Council’s partnership with Yarra Ranges Tourism ensures our destinations, villages, attractions, events and public visitor experiences are effectively promoted.
The partnership also provides opportunities for specific Nillumbik businesses to be featured in the Yarra Ranges Tourism marketing programs including Yarra Valley Touring Map (PDF, 37MB).
Visit the Yarra Ranges Tourism website for more partnership opportunities and information.
If you would like to discuss other ways your business can get involved, contact email@example.com or call 03 9433 3783.