Council has recently re-engaged with one of Victoria’s official regional tourism boards, Yarra Ranges Tourism. Under the Victorian Tourism structure, Nillumbik is within the Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges region.
Our tourism team and Yarra Ranges Tourism work collaboratively to ensure the growth of our visitor economy.
The areas identified as tourism priorities in 2020/21 for Nillumbik include:
- Visitor services and information delivery inside and outside the region, including digital and print
- Integration and extension of the artisan hills brand messages in the wider Yarra Valley & Dandenong Ranges marketing program
- Development of specific trails promoting local visitor experiences and associated businesses
- Dedicated marketing campaigns and access to other opportunities offered by Visit Victoria
- Events and activities which promote our Shire as a place to visit
- Support the development of market research activities and inclusion in any regional research
- Access to industry networking and development programs
Council’s partnership with Yarra Ranges Tourism ensures our destinations, villages, attractions, events and public visitor experiences are effectively promoted.
The partnership also provides opportunities for specific Nillumbik businesses to be featured in the Yarra Ranges Tourism marketing programs including Yarra Valley Touring Map (PDF, 37MB).
Visit the Yarra Ranges Tourism website for more partnership opportunities and information.
If you would like to discuss other ways your business can get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9433 3128.
Free listing - Promote your Tourism Business on visitvictoria.com and australia.com
Have you claimed your FREE ADTW listing on the powerful Visit Victoria website?
Save yourself $295 and gain broader digital coverage.
Offer extended to 31st January 2021.
Not sure if you already have a live ATDW listing? Search visitvictoria.com and if your tourism business isn't there, Click Here to claim your free coupon code.
Partnership Opportunity with Off Peak Weddings
It's a new era for weddings, especially with 2020 disrupting many couple’s plans, and the Off Peak Wedding provides a fresh and time appropriate approach for couples seeking different ways to get married. From the micro wedding or elopement to grand events of 150 people (and one day even more!), from the ever-growing LGBTQI weddings market to vow renewal and later in life/second time weddings, celebrations can be held any time of the day, any time of the year. Nillumbik has the infrastructure, the fabulous food and wine and marvellous views, and the proximity to Melbourne that means ‘destination wedding’ without the travel.
Expand your business and join top wedding venues, planners, photographers, transport services, caterers, accommodation providers and more, and become a partner with Off Peak Weddings
You will benefit from promotion in:
- Flagship seasonal digital magazine “Off Peak Weddings – getting hitched your way” with more than 5000 readers per annum
- Dedicated social media channels – Facebook and Instagram
- Dedicated website with online directory of services, and direct enquiry service to vendors at www.offpeakweddings.com.au
- Influencer program with regarded wedding commentators
- Integration with more than 60 (and growing) Off Peak Wedding vendors and suppliers in the region
Plus opportunities to feature in magazine articles and blogs shared across the entire Yarra Ranges Tourism digital network. We’re currently looking for feature stories that can highlight the beauty and range of weddings possible in the Nillumbik region – a dedicated story with photo opportunities can be arranged with sufficient partner interest.
More information here or email email@example.com