CancelledBotanical Illustration Course
Whether you are a beginner or someone with experience in this or other art forms, this course provides the opportunity to focus thoughtfully and closely upon flowers, fruits and features of plants. While it is helpful to have some knowledge of drawing and painting, skills can be developed through practice. An interest in plants is essential.
The content of this flexible course will depend on your previous experience with drawing plants. Those with experience can work on their own pictures and get advice on technique and feedback on your work.
The following topics can be covered:
- The role of close observation in this art form
- How to begin a drawing
- The role of tracing paper, watercolour paper, watercolours,specific pencils and brushes
- How to apply watercolour in botanical art
- The place of correct names in botanical art
- Linneaus and the identification of plants
- Significant features of plants
- The role of magnification
- What to look for when painting garden plants
- Composing a design
- Transfering the design and painting
- How to begin painting once the design has been transferred onto paper
- Mixing colours and matching them for realism
Participants have the opportunity to exhibit in our end of year diversARTy exhibition at Eltham Library Gallery to celebrate their achievements with friends and family.
This course is open to people aged 18 years and over.
Places may be available in this course after the start date. Please contact us to enquire: 9433 3744
Please note, the course runs from Friday 16 July - 17 September 2021 9:30am-12pm
When (All dates cancelled)
Friday, 16 July 2021 | 09:30 AM
- Friday, 17 September 2021 | 12:00 PM
Eltham Centre, 739 Main Road, Eltham 3095 View Map