Arts and Cultural Development Grants 2018-2019
Arts and cultural projects funded under the community arts and performing arts streams of this year’s round are:
- Strathewen Black Saturday 10 Year Commemoration Book to be provided as a gift to all who attend commemoration events locally.
- Eltham Street Food and Music Festival which will feature live pop-up music entertainment and food trucks at the Eltham Community Reception Centre over the first two weekends of February 2019.
- Shakespeare’s As You Like It at Alistair Knox Park Eltham from 8 – 10 February 2019 and Watkins St Reserve, Diamond Creek from 14 – 17 February 2019.
- Come Together Music and Arts Festival at Edendale Community Farm on Saturday 30 March 2019. Family-friendly music and arts across two stages to help raise awareness around mental health and multi-culturalism.
- Giraffe A Go-Go – participatory live puppetry featuring a five metre high giraffe stilt puppet called Gemma and other tall performers, to be performed at the St Andrews Community Festival on 28 April 2019.
- Nillumbik Comic-Con, hosted by Eltham Library in May 2019– a celebration of local and international popular culture including comic books, fantasy novels, anime, science fiction, games and more.
Nillumbik Community Fund Annual Grants 2019-2020
The next funding round will open early to mid-2019 for projects to be delivered between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020, so watch this space.
Council is currently developing a Public Art Policy and Implementation Plan, which will provide guidelines for best practice in mural works. Until the Public Art Policy is completed and endorsed by Council, public art including mural projects, are ineligible for Council funding.
Cultural Achievement Grants
Cultural Achievement grants provide financial assistance to individuals or groups to encourage and recognise outstanding cultural achievement.
- State level achievement - $100
- National level achievement - $150
- International level achievement - $200
- State level achievement - $200
- National level achievement - $300
- International level achievement - $400
Application forms, including criteria requirements, are available below.
For further information, contact us on email@example.com or 9433 3359.
Complete the application form at the bottom of this page. Do not staple the pages.
Submit your application;
- email your application with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- print a copy of your application and deliver it to the Civic Centre, Civic Drive, Greensborough
- mail to Nillumbik Shire Council, Nillumbik Community Fund, PO Box 476, Greensborough, 3088