Arts and Culture Grants 2019-2020
Nillumbik Community Fund Arts & Culture Grants 2019-2020
Applications are NOW OPEN
The 2019-20 annual grants for Arts & Culture projects are open from 1 April 2019 until 31 May 2019. Grants of up to $5,000 per project are available from a grant pool of $40,000.
Please read the 2019-20 NCF ARTS Annual Grants Guidelines below.
In 2019 all applications will be received through SmartyGrants. Apply online: NCF Arts & Culture grants application.
Council is currently developing a Public Art Policy and Implementation Plan, which will provide guidelines for best practice in mural works. Until the Public Art Policy is completed and endorsed by Council, public art including mural projects, are ineligible for Council funding.
Grants awarded in 2018-2019
Arts and culture projects that were funded under the Community Arts and Performing Arts streams in the 2018-19 round were:
- Strathewen Black Saturday 10 Year Commemoration Book to be provided as a gift to all who attend commemoration events locally.
- Eltham Street Food and Music Festival which will feature live pop-up music entertainment and food trucks at the Eltham Community Reception Centre over the first two weekends of February 2019.
- Shakespeare’s As You Like It at Alistair Knox Park Eltham from 8 – 10 February 2019 and Watkins St Reserve, Diamond Creek from 14 – 17 February 2019.
- Come Together Music and Arts Festival at Edendale Community Farm on Saturday 30 March 2019. Family-friendly music and arts across two stages to help raise awareness around mental health and multi-culturalism.
- Giraffe A Go-Go – participatory live puppetry featuring a five metre high giraffe stilt puppet called Gemma and other tall performers, to be performed at the St Andrews Community Festival on 28 April 2019.
- Nillumbik Comic-Con, hosted by Eltham Library in May 2019 - a celebration of local and international popular culture including comic books, fantasy novels, anime, science fiction, games and more.
Cultural Achievement Grants
Cultural Achievement grants provide financial assistance to individuals or groups to encourage and recognise outstanding cultural achievement.
- State level achievement - $100
- National level achievement - $150
- International level achievement - $200
- State level achievement - $200
- National level achievement - $300
- International level achievement - $400
See Cultural Achievement grant application forms below. For further information contact email@example.com or 9433 3175