Nillumbik Community Fund
The Nillumbik Shire Council's Community Fund will provide grant funding to not-for-profit community groups or organisations that live, work, study, volunteer or play in Nillumbik, for community projects being undertaken in 2020/21.
Unfortunately due to current events the opening of this fund has been delayed. Further information regarding the timing of the fund will be released once available.
Quick Response Grants
Our Quick Response grant of up to $500 is available to support community groups and organisations with emerging or unexpected needs and opportunities. This grant aims to fill a gap in funding for community groups requiring assistance outside the annual/biannual grant timelines.
Applications open 6 January 2020 and close on 19 April 2020, or earlier if funds are exhausted.
Applicants can only apply for one Quick Response Grant each financial year.
Funding is available to assist with costs such as:
- Start-up and establishment costs
- Purchase or hire of materials and equipment
- Consultant, provider or artist fees
- Promotional materials such as brochures, newsletters, websites and signage
- Venue hire charges
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Be an incorporated not-for profit organisation or community group that lives, works, studies, volunteers or plays in Nillumbik
- Be auspiced by an incorporated body for unincorporated groups
- Hold a minimum of $10 million public liability insurance
- Have acquitted and is compliant with all Nillumbik grants previously awarded by Council
- Spend the funds before 30 June 2020.
Applications will NOT be considered for:
- Individuals or commercial businesses
- Ongoing organisational operating costs such as wages or salaries
- Repeat projects
- School curriculum based projects
- Projects that have received full funding from another source
- Projects that have already received funding from Nillumbik Shire Council in this financial year
- Retrospective funding or projects which are due to commence prior to the notification of the application outcome
To apply online go to our grants website. Click on the Quick Response Grant and follow the steps to submit your application.