Green waste vouchers
Green waste vouchers provide flexibility to dispose of large quantities of green waste at a convenient time
The 2019-2020 vouchers are part of the Valuation and Rates notice. It is on the front page of the notice on the right hand side next to the details of rates and charges. You will need to bring the notice with you when you drop off your green waste and the attendant will scan the QR code. The QR code is unique to each property so you can use any notice throughout the year
- Property owners of a dwelling receive three vouchers
- Property owners can provide their vouchers to tenants to use
- Property owners who use a contractor can give their vouchers to the contractor to use
- One voucher must be used for one cubic metre of green waste, this is a slightly heaped 6 x 4 sized trailer load. Load size will be assessed by attendant
- Vouchers are only for residential, not commercial green waste
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash or refund
What is Green waste
- Green waste includes garden clippings, pruning, leaves and grass.
- Green waste must be clean and must not contain processed wood such as treated pine, fence palings or untreated timber
- Green waste must not include any food waste
How to use your vouchers
- Bring your load of green waste with your original, online or replacement Valuation and Rates notice to the Nillumbik Recycling and Recovery Centre.
- The attendant will scan the QR code on the notice.
- The QR code is unique to each property so you can use any notice throughout the year
Nillumbik Recycling and Recovery Centre
290 Yan Yean Road
Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 8am - 4pm
Closed Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and public holidays