Due to the success of our 2019 event, we are thrilled to announce that Open Farm Day will be back in 2020.
The event will take place on Sunday the 22nd of March and will include various farms across Nillumbik.
Keep an eye on our social media pages for more announcements. Follow us on Facebook @OpenFarmDay
Ever wondered what it’s like to be a farmer or eat home-grown produce?
In Nillumbik, we are home to a diverse mix of farms including fruit and veggie farms, livestock and animal farms, orchards and vineyards. Open Farm Day allows you to choose the farms you want to visit to make your own trail and experience:
- Farm tours
- Farm animals
- Product tastings
- and more…
What you need to know
Open Farm Day is an all-weather event so:
- Wear appropriate clothing
- Wear covered shoes on all farms
- Supervise your children at all times
- Leave your pets at home
- Stick to designated visitor areas on farms
- Fill your car up with fuel before you start your Open Farm Day trail
And remember to:
- Bring your camera
- Bring some cash to purchase some regional farm gate produce. (ATMs available at the Hurstbridge, Doreen and Mernda, and Kinglake branches of Bendigo Bank)
- Take care; these are working farms, be careful around water bodies and farm equipment and abide by any farm signage
- Drive safely. Some farms are located on single lane country roads – please be cautious
- Parking may be limited on the property. If parking on the street/roadside, please do so safely
Open Farm Day Camp Out
This year we are pleased to announce a Camp Out which will form part of our Open Farm Day event for the first time.
Experience the mystery and beauty of Hurstbridge, by camping out in the paddock on Saturday 21 March.
Enjoy an evening in the great outdoors.
This event is great for families, groups and couples.
Camping fees are $50 for a family of 5, $25 for couples and $10 for additional adult.
Bring your tent and sense of adventure for this one-off special event.
Bookings essential – please click here to reserve your site.
For further information, please call 03 9433 3128
Most of all ...have a great day exploring the region!
Find out more about participating farms and businesses below