Festive Grants 2020
In the spirit of hope let’s come together to bring some festive cheer to our community and wrap up what has been an extraordinary year through our special festive grant program.
While we are not sure what the COVID-19 restrictions will look like in December, we are thinking of new ways to still bring some festive joy to our community in a safe environment.
Council would like to invite you to be part of a calendar of festive activities that showcase our community’s ability to connect in different ways, create local interest, learn from each other and reach out to those in need.
We encourage you to speak with our Community Development elves to develop your ideas and design an activity that considers virtual environments or projects that are in line with existing Victorian Government restrictions.
Team Leader Community Development - Anna Maio 0417 821 153
- Grant applications open Monday 26 October 2020 .
- Grant applications close midnight Sunday 8 November 2020.
- Projects must be delivered between 1 December 2020 and 28 January 2021.
- The Community Partnerships team will assess the applications within one week of the closing date.
- Payments will be made to successful applicants two weeks after applications have been assessed.
- Maximum per application $1000
- Total pool available $20,000
Grants could be used for:
- Online community projects, forums, events and activities that include or have broader community benefit.
- Artist, consultant or provider fees
- Promotional materials
- Materials and hire of equipment
Selection criteria: Preference will be given to projects that:
- Are new and innovative.
- Occur in a virtual space and/or align with COVID-19 public health advice provided by the Victorian Government. (Projects should have the capacity to be flexible based on changing advice.)
- Positively impact community wellbeing (social connection, inclusion, physical or mental wellbeing).
- Are community led and have broader community/public interest.
- Demonstrate community partnerships.
Grants will not be awarded to:
- Private events or activities that do not include public participation beyond own membership and participants.
- Fundraising events.
- Events that attract public gatherings.
- Capital purchases such as: cameras, computers, lighting, etc.
- Incorporated Not for Profit organisations and community groups or unincorporated groups which are Auspiced by an incorporated body that will deliver activities/projects in Nillumbik.
- Minimum $10 million public liability insurance and a Certificate of Currency.
- No outstanding grant acquittals from a previous Nillumbik Shire Council grant.