Social Connection COVID-19 Recovery Grant
Council is offering grants of up to $500 to not-for-profit organisations and community groups from a grant pool of $15,000.
What can be funded?
Funding is available to deliver initiatives that will foster social connectedness for members and the broader community, with a focus on older people such as but not exclusive to:
- Community events and activities
- Promotional material
To be eligible applicants MUST:
- Be an incorporated not-for-profit community group/organisation or unincorporated group auspiced by an incorporated body that will deliver activities/projects in Nillumbik.
- Hold a minimum $10 million public liability insurance
- Have no outstanding grant acquittals from a previous Nillumbik Shire Council grant.
- Deliver initiative before 30 April 2021
Applications will NOT be considered for:
- A project, event or activity that is not being held in the Nillumbik municipal boundary, or does not directly benefit Nillumbik residents
- Ongoing organisational operating costs such as wages or salaries
- School curriculum based projects
- Projects that are solely for fundraising purposes, without broader community benefit
- Competitions with no community component
- Prize money and awards
- Projects or events with a political or religious purpose
- Any project that purely promotes a business
- Events that are fully ticketed with no free or heavily subsidized component
- Single membership-based initiatives that are not open to the public Alcohol or gambling related activities
- Projects that have received full funding from another source
- Retrospective funding or projects which are due to commence prior to the notification of the application outcome
- Applicants that are in debt to, or have any outstanding commitments with the Shire
Applications open 22 December 2020 and will close 12 March 2021, or earlier if exhausted.