Request a copy of an immunisation record

You can request a copy of an immunisation history statement for yourself or your child under the age of 14.

Immunisations given after 1996

To request a copy of an immunisation history statement for immunisations given after 1996, visit the Services Australia website.

Immunisations given before 1996

Earlier than 1996, records were kept locally with the vaccination provider – such as the local council immunisation service or your GP. They may also have been recorded in a baby health book given to a parent or carer to keep at home.

Council can search our records to determine if we hold any immunisation records prior to 1996.

How to apply

Apply online

Step 1.Check the immunisation date

If the immunisation was administered after 1996, please visit the Services Australia website.

If the immunisation was administered before 1996, proceed to the next step.

Step 2.Have your details ready

You will need to provide your (or your child's) name, date of birth, address and school attended.

Step 3.Submit the online form

If you are ready, complete the online form to submit your request.

Request an immunisation record

What happens next?

A member of our Maternal and Child Health team will be in contact within 14 days to advise if records were found.

Please note: as immunisation records are held off-site, it can be a lengthy process to locate records and one that does not always find results.

Records only need to be kept for a certain amount of time and this can vary depending on when the immunisations were done.

In the meantime, should you have any questions please contact us.