Community Training Calendar
The Nillumbik Community Training Calendar provides access to a range of free training, workshops and information sessions for Nillumbik’s community groups, clubs and volunteers.
The free opportunities available through the Community Training Calendar are focused on building the capacity and sustainability of our groups, clubs and volunteers, so they can continue to play a vital role in supporting the Nillumbik community.
Submit your event here
2022 Community Training Sessions
Click on a training session below to find out the details of the session and who to contact for more information.
Please check this page in December 2021 for details of our 2022 Community Training Sessions.
Other training opportunities
Grant writing assistance - Learning Bytes
In conjunction with Non Profit Training, Nillumbik Shire Council have developed a series of seven videos to assist grant writers to submit their grant applications. Find out about knowing your why, developing a project plan, budgeting and more. Click through to view all seven videos in our YouTube playlist.
Living & Learning Nillumbik
Living & Learning Nillumbik works within a community development framework to:
- provide local opportunities for people to belong, link to resources, gain knowledge and skills and discover pathways to further learning or employment
- organise and deliver a wide range of recreational and social programs
- deliver and award nationally-recognised training qualifications for Council (Registered Training Organisation No. 3989).
Living & Learning Nillumbik has centres at Eltham, Panton Hill and Diamond Creek with courses located at a range of other facilities across the Shire.
Visit the Living & Learning Nillumbik website to find out more.
Not-for-profit Law webinars
The Not-for-profit Law webinar program is a quick, low-cost way to get up to speed on a range of legal issues that come up when starting and running a not-for-profit organisation.
You have the option to join live or watch on demand at a time that suits you.
The webinars are aimed at small to medium not-for-profit organisations and are presented by Not-for-profit Law's lawyers and guest presenters. On this page you’ll find upcoming webinars and access to recordings of those they’ve run recently.
Visit Not-for-profit Law to find out more.
Cultural awareness training - Your Mob Learning
CISVic has invested in some online Cultural Awareness training through Your Mob Learning and is providing it free to our member agency staff and volunteers. It provides a great opportunity to become culturally aware and competent when working and engaging with Indigenous Australians.
The online training will give you:
- A deeper understanding of Indigenous culture and how it impacts your workplace, community and your approach as a volunteer, employee or organisation
- Key skills and knowledge on how to engage Indigenous individuals in the workplace and how to communicate with Indigenous community members
- The ability to identify cultural gaps and the knowledge on how to influence and contribute to Indigenous reconciliation in the workplace and the wider community.
The training has modules in parts and is done at your own pace. Each volunteer or staff member is required to register for the training individually and will be issued a link to complete this.
Click HERE to register and access the training.
Restarting Your Volunteer Program in the COVID-19 World
COVID-19 has had an unprecedented impact on volunteer involvement across Australia and has challenged many of the ways in which we involve volunteers. This session looks at the current COVID-19 situation, and the unique considerations that volunteer involving organisations must weigh up to begin delivering their volunteer programs in a safe manner. Volunteering Victoria has created a 7-step process to ensuring programs restart their volunteer programs in the right way.
Click HERE to register for the training.
WeVolunteer Free Training
WeVolunteer is committed to providing training and resources to equip volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations with the skills and knowledge they need to best support communities in times of need.
They offer a number of training opportunities for volunteer involving organisations, including:
- 3Rs: Recruitment, Reward & Recognition
- A-Z of Volunteer Management
- Volunteer Screening Deconstructed
- Volunteer Rights, Responsibilities & Boundaries
Click HERE to find out more and register.