Report and consent (dispensation)

Report and Consent is the process in which you seek approval from Council to proceed with building or construction works that may affect community assets, infrastructure or amenity.

Report and Consent applications are classified as either ‘siting’ or ‘non-siting’ matters, depending on the proposal.

  • 'Siting' matters include those that relate to the Siting Provisions - design regulations such as maximum height, minimum setbacks, overlooking and overshadowing
  • 'Non-siting' matters include building in a flood-pone area, demolishing all or part of a building, building over an easement, installing hoarding (temporary fencing), or considerations for protection of the public

If a Report and Consent matter affects your proposal, a building surveyor cannot issue a building permit until you obtain Report and Consent from Council.