Apply for an accessible parking permit

If you have a significant injury or disability, you can apply for an Accessible Parking Permit – also known as a disabled parking permit – as a driver, passenger or an organisation.

To get a new permit, renew an existing permit or ask for a replacement, you need to apply through VicRoad’s Accessible Parking Permit website.

It’s easy – and generally faster – to apply online. 

How to apply

Step 1.Complete the online form

You can apply for an Accessible Parking Permit on the VicRoads website.

Apply for a permit

Step 2.Note your reference number

You will receive a reference number via SMS to the mobile number you used in your application. You’ll need this as you go through the process.

Step 3.Visit your doctor or occupational therapist

Take your reference number with you to your appointment. This step is not required if you’re applying on behalf of an organisation.

Step 4.Your doctor will complete the application

Your general practitioner or occupational therapist will complete an online assessment and submit your application to VicRoads.

Step 5.VicRoads reviews the application

VicRoads will review the application and notify Council of the outcome.

Step 6.Receive your permit

If your application is successful, your permit will be mailed to you directly from VicRoads. 

Alternatively, you can pick it up from the Council offices if you've selected that option.

Help with your application

If you have questions about how to apply for a permit, the changes to the parking scheme, or you would like to dispute the outcome of an application, read the Frequently Asked Questions on the VicRoads website.

If you need a paper-based form, call Council’s Customer Service team on 03 9433 3111.

Types of permits

There are two types of permits:

  • Australian Disability Parking Permit
  • Victorian Double Time Accessible Parking Permit


For information on using the permit and where you can park, visit Accessible Permits on the VicRoads website.

Replacing an existing permit

If you’ve lost your permit, you will need to complete a statutory declaration and organise a replacement on VicRoad’s Accessible Parking Permit website. If you’re having trouble with the form, there are instructions online.