Council provides an affordable door-to-door community bus service. The bus is for eligible residents who are unable to access shops, services and social activities because they do not drive and have limited access to other transport options.
Priority is given to residents who:
- live independently
- have limited mobility (including older people and people with a disability or significant injury)
- cannot drive
- have difficulty arranging transport with friends and family
- have difficulty accessing taxis, public transport and other transport options
Passengers who do not use a wheelchair are required to be able to get on and off the bus independently. Drivers will assist with seatbelts and loading/unloading bags and mobility aids as needed.
The bus has a wheelchair hoist and can accommodate passengers with fold-up wheelchairs who choose to transfer to a seat as well as passengers who choose to remain in their wheelchair for the journey.
Where it goes
Passengers can use the community bus to access a variety of services and activities, including:
- Shops (limit two zip up bags per person - these two bags may be inside a shopping jeep)
- Social activities
- Other community activities/services (Living & Learning Nillumbik, libraries or visiting friends)
- Connect to public transport
- passengers are welcome to contact Council to suggest other destinations within Nillumbik
The community bus service is made possible by the generous contribution of our team of volunteer drivers. If you would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer driver, we would like to hear from you.
See the Volunteer Opportunities page for more ways to volunteer in Nillumbik.
Community bus enquiries
Places on the community bus are limited and subject to eligibility and availability. Contact Council to discuss your request.
Community Transport Services
9433 3361 / 9433 3723