Speak at a Planning and Consultation Committee meeting
Any person wishing the address the Planning and Consultation Committee must have lodged their written request no later than 5:00pm the day prior to the meeting.
For general agenda items, where Council has not engaged in a consultation process, requests must be received by 5.00pm the day prior to the meeting.
Requests can be made by:
- Completing one of the two online options below; or
- Phoning the Governance team on 9433 3718 or 9433 3271
Each speaker is allowed three minutes to speak to an agenda item.
A person may speak on behalf of another person or organisation for three minutes. Please note the nominated person will be unable to answer questions from Councillors on your behalf. No person may speak on behalf of more than one other person or organisation.
Please note, you will be recorded as part of the meeting proceedings when addressing the Planning and Consultation Committee, and your name will be printed in the minutes. The video recording of the meeting will be published on YouTube and Council's website.
A person can choose to present their submission by:
- Option 1: attaching or sending a typed three-minute submission. The Chairperson will read your submission on your behalf before the item is considered. Submissions should be lodged before 5pm Monday prior to the meeting
- Option 2: address the committee in person. Any person attending the meeting will be required to adhere to the COVID-19 Stay Safe directions in place on the day of the meeting.*
* The Planning and Consultation Committee meetings are currently being held virtually. Any person wishing to address the committee in person will be provided with a Zoom link on the day of the meeting. You will be required to have an email address to receive the meeting link and internet access to join the virtual meeting. Any questions can be directed to the Governance team 9433 3718.
Please complete an online form by clicking on the applicable option below.
Option 1: send a typed submission to be read aloud on your behalf
Option 2: address the Committee in person
Please note: Once you submit your request, you will receive confirmation of your submission via email. If this does not occur, please contact the Governance team on 9433 3718 or 9433 3271.
More about Council meetings