Social Media Guidelines
Nillumbik Shire Council uses social media to engage and keep the community up to date with the latest news and upcoming events in Nillumbik. We welcome and encourage your feedback and look forward to your comments, stories and experiences.
Content posted on Nillumbik Shire Council’s social media accounts are monitored during business hours of 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). We aim to respond to general posts within 24 hours and within two days for more complex issues. If posts relate to personal or complex issues, we will request to continue communicating offline with the person making the post. If you have an urgent enquiry, please call Council on 9433 3111.
By using these sites, you agree that you will not post any of the following:
- Vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.
- Personal attacks of any kind.
- Material which defames, abuses or threatens others.
- Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, colour, age, religion, gender, marital status, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation.
- Material that infringes the copyright of another person.
- Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- It is acceptable to voice a legitimate concern or grievance but unacceptable to engage in badmouthing or some other forms of written abuse of a person or service. This will be deleted upon discovery.
- Account suspensions are at the sole discretion of Nillumbik Shire Council.
- Any person actively using these sites is implicitly agreeing to these rules regardless of whether they have been read or not.
Posts that ignore these guidelines will be removed and continual breaches will be reported. Please note that the comments expressed by the public on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of Nillumbik Shire Council or its staff and Councillors. If you are unhappy about anything which you see anywhere on our site, contact us.