Gardens for Wildlife
Nillumbik Gardens for Wildlife (G4W) is a partnership between Nillumbik Shire Council and community members to engage the public in creating habitat gardens for local wildlife.
The program offers a garden visit to local residents from two of our trained volunteer Garden Guides. They will provide encouragement and guidance on how to provide habitat for wildlife through gardening on private property.
How does it work?
- The program is designed by the local community in partnership with Council to meet local needs
- Joining the program is free
- The program is open to private residents, schools and eligible community groups (those with a suitable garden space)
- The program involves two trained Garden Guides visiting your garden for one hour to provide advice and support.
- Garden visits are non-judgemental and provide insights/information to assist you to increase habitat and food sources for wildlife in your garden
- Participants are provided with information on wildlife gardening, and access to the larger network overseen by Gardens for Wildlife Victoria
For volunteers - become a Garden Guide
Are you passionate about local wildlife and connecting people to nature?
Nillumbik Gardens for Wildlife is always looking for people to volunteer as Garden Guides.
Apply to become a Garden Guide
For garden owners - request a visit from a Garden Guide
To register your interest in the Gardens for Wildlife program, please complete the form at the link below and a team member will contact you.