Notify Council of a change in property ownership details

If you have bought a property, you are responsible for notifying us about the change in property ownership. 

We need to know about any changes in property ownership so that the rates for the property can be charged to the right person.

Please note: if you use a legal practitioner or conveyancer, they will notify us for you.

How to notify us


Step 1.Complete a notice of acquisition

Visit the State Revenue Office Victoria website to find out how to complete and lodge a notice of acquisition.

You will receive two copies of the notice - you must lodge a notice of acquisition with Land Use Victoria within one month of acquiring the property, and the other should be lodged with Council.

Step 2.Lodge the notice with Council

Send a copy of the notice of acquisition to Council by emailing it to