Report a drainage issue

If you have noticed a maintenance or safety issue relating to a drain in Nillumbik that Council maintains, you can report it online.

Issue Who to contact
Blocked or broken Council drain (drainage outside the property boundary, including kerb and channel, drainage pits etc) Contact Council - see below
Damaged or broken pit lid Contact Council - see below
Blocked or leaking private drain (drainage on your property up to and including the legal point of discharge) Contact a plumber
Burst water mains, sewerage or issues with water supply Contact Yarra Valley Water on 132 762
Water coming onto your land from a neighbour's property Property owners are responsible for their own drainage. Speak with your neighbour to find a solution or contact Dispute Settlement Centre Victoria
Other service assets Report to the authority who owns the asset (this should be written on it) - eg TelstraAusnet or Yarra Valley Water

Report an urgent issue

For urgent issues requiring immediate attention such as major flooding caused by a blocked drain, call Customer Service on 9433 3111 or our Emergency After Hours Service on 9433 3334.

Report a non-urgent issue

Follow the process below to report non-urgent requests.


Step 1.Identify the type of drain

Please note that as part of this process, you may be asked to identify the type of drain you are reporting on.

Types of drains:

Step 2.Have the details ready

To lodge the online request you will need to provide:

  • The address or name of the street/road where the drainage issue is
  • Your details (if you would like to be contacted or check on the progress of the request)
  • The nature of the request and what type of drain it relates to (above)

Step 3.Complete the online form

Submit the details via our online portal

Report a drainage issue