Our service commitment to you
At Nillumbik Shire Council we pride ourselves on providing the best possible customer service and this is our commitment to you.
Make it easy for me
- Make sure that information and advice is easy to find and is accessible
- Cut red tape where we can
- Make sure you know what to expect every step of the way
Get it right
- Provide you with the right information or refer you to an expert
- Have clear processes for ease, speed and accuracy
- Be reliable and consistent
- Continually improve systems so you can do business with us online
- Acknowledge your enquiry, take ownership and follow through quickly and efficiently
- Try to solve problems with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Work collaboratively as one team across the organisation to deliver excellent service in all that we do
- Be polite, friendly and welcoming
- Display professionalism, good conduct and respect in our interactions
- Be prepared and on time
Listen to me
- Listen and be genuinely interested in you and your enquiry
- Be receptive to your thoughts, ideas and comments
- Understand your needs
- Be open and honest with you
Respect my privacy
- Look after your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Act and the Victorian Health Records Act
How you can contact Council
You can visit the Civic Centre between 8.30am and 5pm each week day. We will aim to resolve your enquiry immediately.
We will endeavor to respond to your written correspondence within 10 working days.
Your call will be attended by an experienced staff member. If we are unable to resolve your query in the first instance, we will ensure that you are referred to the most appropriate member of staff who will respond to you as soon as possible.
If you choose to contact us by our general enquiry email, or with an email that is generated from online activities, your email will be forwarded on to the most appropriate staff member. We will acknowledge receipt of your email within 10 working days.
Help us to help you
- Treat staff, volunteers and other Council customers with courtesy and respect
- Have all relevant information available before you write, visit or telephone us
- Phone to make an appointment for a complex enquiry or if you need to see a specific officer
- Let us know when your details or circumstances change
- Work with us to resolve problems
- Provide open and honest feedback so that we can improve our service
- Give us time to respond to your requests
When you're not satisifed
The Complaint Handling Policy(PDF, 892KB) provides transparency, consistency and clarity to customers about how Council will deal with their complaints. The organisation-wide policy, is based on a good practice guide and policy template developed by the Victorian Ombudsman in 2014, following extensive consultation with all Victorian councils and related agencies.
The Complaint Handling Policy is a public document which explains to how the organisation will deal with customer complaints and outlines the internal processes for how complaints should be recorded, monitored, escalated and resolved. It also outlines how the outcome of a complaint can be reviewed if the complainant is not satisfied.
The policy follows as closely as possible the best practice model developed by the Victorian Ombudsman.
Here's our feedback form. Results from this form will help us improve our customer service into the future.